Careers at YSU
We invite you to review the listings of current career opportunities with YSU!
Admissions Counselor (Part-Time)
Help guide prospective students to a life of service and care for others. Under the supervision of the Director, Admissions & Marketing, the incumbent is responsible for implementing a comprehensive recruitment strategy for the University’s Master’s (MATCM) and Doctoral (DAOM) Programs while ensuring the successful transition into the University for academic and professional success. This is a part-time (20 hours per week), non-exempt position.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Sets appointments and conducts campus visits.
• Assists with special programs, participates in the development and implementation of enrollment strategies; composes routine letters; compiles data for reports; maintains calendar; processes applications; schedules appointments; maintains confidential files; prepares reports; inputs/retrieves data on student information system.
• Liaisons with both programs’ academic officers for proper and timely evaluation of transcripts to assure students are fully informed regarding their first trimester courses, advanced placement, and other academic or clinical processes.
• Represents the University at college fairs and other events.
• Maintains accurate data and documents all stages of the admissions process and the appropriate entry of pertinent data into the University’s databases.
Minimum Qualifications: Associates degree and 3 years of customer service experience with 1 year of higher education experience. Preferred qualifications: knowledge of Yo San University’s student life and academic setting, a bachelor’s degree with at least two years’ prior higher education recruitment, admissions, and enrollment experience.
For consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Academic Faculty Positions
Yo San University is looking for full-time and part-time faculty members to teach in one or more of the following subject areas:
- Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Basic Biomedical Sciences
- Western Clinical Sciences
Applicants for positions in Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Chinese Herbal Medicine must possess a Master’s Degree from a US accredited college of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine or a Bachelor’s Degree of Medicine from China. Applicants for positions in Western Biomedical Sciences must possess relevant postgraduate qualifications. Candidates must be licensed or be licensable in California in their respective field and have strong English writing and speaking skills. Prior teaching experience in the relevant field is required. Please send cover letter, resume/CV, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Faculty Positions
Yo San University is also looking for part-time faculty members to join our Clinical Faculty. Applicants must possess a Master’s Degree from a US accredited college of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine or a Bachelor’s Degree of Medicine from China. Candidates must posses a valid active California acupuncture license and have no less than 5 years post-graduate clinical experience in Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine. Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required. Please send cover letter, resume/CV, and three references to: email@example.com
* Yo San University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to all members of the YSU Community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the YSU non-discrimination policy.