Master's Degree Program
Get the Skills to Become a Licensed Acupuncturist & Qualified TCM Practitioner
The Master of Acupuncture with a Chinese Herbal Medicine Specialization (MAcCHM)
Our four-year Master's Degree Program offers a unique and comprehensive curriculum that combines more than 3,000 hours of rigorous classroom teaching and clinical experience with a rich 38-generation family heritage of Qi cultivation and development.
- Yo San University graduates demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of the theories and principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Yo San University graduates will have acquired the clinical skills and; proficiency to competently evaluate patients using Traditional Chinese Medicine examination techniques, formulate a medical diagnosis and treatment strategy, and carry out the treatment in a skillful and professional manner.
- Yo San University graduates understand the importance of Qi cultivation in Traditional Chinese Medicine and demonstrate practical skills in the various techniques of Qi cultivation.
- Yo San University graduates will have acquired the necessary skills to begin their professional practice and be able to effectively communicate, educate and work with the public in integrative medical care models.
- Yo San University graduates recognize the importance of conducting their practice in an ethical and professional manner, and engage in the practice of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine within the appropriate federal and state legal requirements.
Is a Master’s Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine Right For You? Find Out!
Take the Yo San Graduate Degree Readiness Quiz
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Acupuncture Career Readiness score now.
Choose a Concentration:
As a YSU Master’s student you may choose to focus on one of three rewarding specialities:
Taoism & Qi Cultivation
Gain greater appreciation for the development of harmony and balance as the foundation for well-being. Through advanced studies, students become masters of their personal Qi and are better prepared healthcare practitioners.
Women’s & Children’s Health
The health of women and children is pivotal to healthy families and communities. This concentration will provide a platform for gaining and applying advanced integrative learning focused on gynecological and pediatric conditions.
Acupuncture Orthopedics & Pain Management
Today’s integrative environment is bringing TCM practitioners into partnership with a broad array of healthcare providers and disciplines. With proven effectiveness for conditions ranging from arthritis to sports injuries, no area of TCM is as sought after as Orthopedics & Pain Management.
Get Real-World Clinical Experience
YSU is dedicated to providing a diverse learning experience that ensures our students are prepared to pursue their practice interests and meet their patients’ needs. YSU partners with a wide array of medical organizations to augment each student’s clinical training.
You’ll feel confident and eager for your transition from student to TCM professional after gaining so much real-world experience before you graduate.
Get Personalized Advising & Ongoing Support
Academic advising is an important feature of the program at YSU and an excellent way to ensure that you are progressing toward your goal.
Academic advising begins after you are accepted to the program. You will meet with your academic adviser prior to registering for classes to review program requirements and to schedule your courses for your first trimester.
You’ll also have the opportunity to request FREE tutoring at any time.
Is a Future in Traditional Chinese Medicine Right For You? Get More Info…
To learn more about becoming a Licensed Acupuncturist & Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner and to explore whether Yo San University is a good fit for you, click the “Get More Info” tab.
To speak with a knowledgeable YSU Admissions Advisor right away, please call 310-577-3000.