The following are requirements for admission into the Master’s of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (MATCM), and Doctorate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) programs at Yo San University in California.
Master’s of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
Applicants must have completed a minimum of two years of college at an accredited* institution (a minimum of 90 quarter credits or 60 semester credits with a 2.5 GPA)
*Accredited means having been approved fully and without contingency by an association or other organization of peers recognized for that purpose by the U.S. Secretary of Education to offer a particular degree or degrees at a particular level, as specified in the approval.
The MATCM Program accepts applications for each trimester on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are reviewed as soon as the Admissions Office has received all of the required application materials.
Doctorate of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
If you’re considering taking the DAOM—and think that you DON’T have time to attain this certification—you may have to reconsider. We understand that prospective students may already have career obligations. This program offers an evening/weekend schedule, so you can focus on your career and obtain your goals.
Applicants who have earned a Master’s degree consisting of at least 2800 hours in TCM or Oriental medicine from an ACAOM accredited or candidate institution with evidence of not less than a 3.0 grade point average can be considered for admissions to the DAOM program after submitting the application form and accompanying documents.
Special Requirements: Applicants with a Master’s degree (or Master’s level diploma) in TCM or Oriental medicine of less than 2800 hours must demonstrate experience equivalency. A deficiency in educational hours may be remedied by documented clinical experience. Deficiencies in undergraduate or master’s degree grade point averages (3.0 minimum) will also be noted. Applicants in these categories will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee who will consider formal education hours, clinical experience and contributions to the field.
International Applicant Requirements
If you currently reside in a country outside of the United States of America, you’ll need the following in addition to the above:
- Official transcripts from each school listed on the application from outside the United States, evaluated by World Education Services (www.wes.org) to coincide with the US grading system
- Official TOEFL SCORES (minimum score of 80 on the Internet Based Test)
- Financial statement from bank showing the minimum amount to qualify
- A completed MATCM/DAOM application form
- Payment of $150 (dollars) International Application Fee
- Two passport –style photographs (2×2 inches to be used for student identification cards)
- A Statement of Purpose essay (500 words maximum)
- A current Resume or Vitae
- Two letters of professional or academic recommendation on official letterhead
Ready to Get Started? Apply Today…
If you’re ready to apply, please click here to get started.
If anything is unclear, please call 310-577-3000 to speak with an Admissions Advisor, or fill out the form on this page to request more information.